Are you our new User Experience Designer?
The CDH is hiring! We are looking for a curious, committed, and collegial colleague to join our Development and Design Team as our User Experience Designer. The UX Designer collaborates with faculty, students and library partners using the design process (site flow, wireframes, user research, art design) to ensure that each project reaches its full potential in scholarly and technical innovation.
Reporting to the Lead Developer, the UX Designer has primary responsibility for the logical flow and interactive design of CDH projects, and sole responsibility for the design, branding, color palette, and overall visual theme of CDH projects and materials. Design is integral to every CDH project.
This position is a 50% time 1 year term position, with full benefits and the possibility of renewal. You can find more information on the full job posting here.
- Design user experience and visual interfaces and help implement web interfaces for CDH projects (frontend and backend).
- Create images and logos for projects and coordinate visual aesthetics and promotional material as necessary.
- Design and help implement CDH web and graphical presence, including primary website and associated media to promote the work of the center.
- Oversee user research, usability testing, and design testing to refine CDH projects and CDH website.
- Coordinate CDH brand across multiple projects and media formats to create unified CDH visual aesthetic, while maintaining individual character of CDH projects.
- Teach workshops, provide consultations, write blog posts, present at conferences and promote the work of CDH to Princeton campus and larger DH communities
- Bachelors degree
- 4-6 years work experience
- Expertise in the related fields of graphic design, web design, and user experience design
- Knowledge of wireframing tools and graphic design software
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Exceptional listening and communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate the design process
- Facilitate collaboration for project team members to contribute to user experience and design decisions
- Knowledge of web standards, best practices, and accessibility requirements for federally funded websites
- Demonstrated experience working in collaborative teams
- Experience with iterative design and software development workflows
- A background in web mapping or data visualization
- Experience working with cultural heritage or higher education clients
- Experience working with print media