Oct 24 11:00 am – 12:20 pm
Center for Digital Humanities
Firestone Library, Floor B
The CDH-PUL Collections as Data Reading Group will meet the third time to discuss the question: "Who Creates the Data?"
This reading group will be moderated by Thomas F. Keenan and Don Thornbury.
- Who are data creators/producers?
- Who are/will be the data stewards?
- How do changes in the metadata & cataloging profession affect data/dataset creation?
- How does trend toward outsourcing metadata work affect our goals? How do we assess data quality when work is outsourced?
- What new roles and workflows are needed to make collections available as data?
- How do we value labor within data-driven collection work?