The CDH is hiring! We are looking for a curious, committed, and collegial colleague to join our Development and Design Team as our second Digital Humanities Developer. You will work with database designers, UX designers, project managers, fellow programmers and the faculty, students and staff of Princeton University to create innovating projects and contribute back to the Open Source software community.
CDH projects are typically developed on a Python/Django/MySQL stack. We are looking for someone who can contribute to full stack development, but with a specific focus on frontend development, bonus points if you have a background in data visualization. This may be the job for you if:
- You love thinking through the intricacies of translating humanities data and research questions into software
- You are relieved when a new unit test finds a bug in your code
- You appreciate good documentation
- You are willing to take the lead on a project and own a codebase
- You thrive in a collegial academic research environment
- You have a research project you want to work on
This position reports to CDH's Lead Developer, Rebecca Sutton Koeser and qualifies for 20% R&D. It is a full time, full benefits, onsite position. Rellocation expenses will be covered for the successful candidate who lives beyond reasonable community distance.
See the full job listing here: Digital Humanities Developer Job Posting .